04 October 2008

O !

Oh.

O?

What is the "O" for?

Well I haven't written much these days because I've been quite worried about this dear country of ours. The one I want to bring "baby o" into.

The election / the stock market / all the people losing their homes / the soldiers in Iraq...shall I go on.

As many of you fellow & future adoptive parents do, I read blogs about adoption in some of my free time. Now this issue has really gotten my goat! I won't say where I read it but it is on several adoptive mom's blogs.

Now one thing I can't understand is why do people who are PRO LIFE feel like they need others to live by their values. Why would they want our government to dictate what we do with our bodies? I am PRO CHOICE.

As a future adoptive parent, I'm glad I have alternative choices to creating a family. What if our government controlled our choice to adopt? How is that any different? Why should government play God?

I'm all for people having choices in their lives, and I guess what this blog post is about the biggest O, I can think of right now.

O B A M A

I am voting for Obama because I truly think he supports all kinds of people and encourages them to be critical thinkers in this world. I am all for it!!!

As a jeweler, lately I've been doing a lot of same-sex wedding bands. San Francisco leads the way in yet another issue I think that should be each person's choice. Marry who you love! I can tell you these same-sex couples are as diverse, excited, and committed as all the opposite-sex couples I make rings for. I love that they are getting to commit to their partners and their families with acknowledgment by their society. And some of them have adoptive kids and have been raising their kids for years. I personally have sometimes dreamed of being raised by two gay men. They would take me shopping at Barney's and brush my hair.

Hey we all have our story, our blended families, both from choice, fate, and chance!

So O is for...

my baby o

Oh let me make my own choices based on my values!

Opposite & same sex marriages

& the biggest, most important O right now....

O B A M A!

oh please!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

I share your views, and I'm so excited. I think we have a real chance to bring more LOVE to this country.

littlebluecottage said...

gOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOObama!

April Taylor said...

OH MY GOD I LOVE OBAMA!!!!!!!!! We just finished up a big fundraiser for him here in Vermont that did really well. People are psyched. He is the hopeful voice we need in these truly scary times. And how awesome is Michelle Obama?!?! LOVE that woman.

Cheers!
April T.
www.taylorkid.com

Monica said...

I'm most definitely an Obama Mama!
I am just barely pro-choice but I have Ohhhhh sO many other reasons why I think he's the right person to vOte for.
Thx for this GREAT post!
:)

Gen 's Family Story said...

By the way, Obama voted 3 times that the babies that survived abortion would be put to death. They had both a birth certificate and death certificate. They were also left alone to die. Even Hilary Clinton and John Kerry opposed that legislation. For this reason I will not vote for Obama and I am a Democrat. He will tell you anything to get voted in.

April + Eric said...

Oh really, I thought the McPalins were the story tellers? I'm so tired of all the dirty talk.

We need leaders that are role models not just the most manipulative at their game.

I really want the BIG PICTURE of what will be good for this country...

To each their own. Isn't the saying...IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!

Jeanne said...

Let's set the record straight about how Obama voted. According to the Chicago Tribune:

Obama Said He Would Have Supported Federal Born-Alive Legislation. The Chicago Tribune reported, "Obama said that had he been in the US Senate two years ago, he would have voted for the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, even though he voted against a state version of the proposal. The federal version was approved; the state version was not. Both measures required that if a fetus survived an abortion procedure, it must be considered a person. Backers argued it was necessary to protect a fetus if it showed signs of life after being separated from its mother…the difference between the state and federal versions, Obama explained, was that the state measure lacked the federal language clarifying that the act would not be used to undermine Roe vs. Wade." [Chicago Tribune, 10/4/04]

His vote was based on a legal issue; at no time has he advocated allowing babies to die unattended.

April + Eric said...

Jeanne- ** 2 Gold Star for you on my blog! Thank you. The comment was so abstract without much information, I didn't even know what to google.

Thanks for looking that up. I hope Gen circles back to find out the whole story or looks into it more.

I find that in most cases when someone has such a strong stance they are not open.

I know in this time of fear it is hard to have trust and stay open, but I am trying.

I LOVE O & M too! I think they encourage big picture + critical thinking! I do. I do!

rae dunn. said...

Obama is the Only chOice for Our wOrld.

gObama.

Elaine Vaughan said...

Loooooooved your post!
Anu had an essay to write for school this week - the assignment was "write anything about a family member - 4 paragraphs" - she picked Baby 0. She described Baby O and April and Eric, Kyrgystan's location, the makeup of its people, what BO will probably look like, and the mountains. Finally, she wrote that she believes the two of them were "meant to be together" and will have spiritual connection." And I love her last line: "I can hear her laughing."