26 June 2008

A trip to Sacramento + our DOSSIER is DONE!

Does this look like a drive through the countryside in Italy? I wish!!! I just held it to the window while I was driving through the beautiful farmland on my exciting journey to Sacramento.

I had hoped to take the train to Sacramento, I had wanted to pretend I was taking a European vacation with my friend Catty, carrying some top secret documents, but she got a last minute job. So a new plan surfaced. Eric's dad & step mom offered to drive down for the certifying celebration and take me to lunch at Zocolo, an upscale Mexican joint. Thanks Jim & Judy! So since my illusions were changing. I just did the simplest thing. I drove. Seeing that gas is $4.69 a gallon. I guess the whole round trip cost me right around $500.

So it worked, $410 dollars later Greg, acting for the State of California had certified all my documents and put a gold seal on each and every one. Now how much more official can you get? They seem officially bored there at the notary department. When I had returned they had checked out both our websites and asked me all sorts of questions about Eric's work. I think the guy secretly wanted to weld steel. So I'm glad to know where my $410 are going....but I got my gold seals and baby o will thank me for these. EUREKA! Well as for Sacramento, that side of town by the capitol was actually really nice. I liked the old houses, the warm weather and people lingering around at outside cafes. It sure wasn't' Italy, but I did enjoy putting all the paperwork today in the mail, overnight of course, with a traxing number. My work is done!

Now to update my paper pregnant time line.

4 comments:

Allison said...

A huge congratulations!!

Jeanne said...

Congrats to you! I like your notion that our dossiers will be holding hands on the way to Kyrg!

Brigitte et Claude said...

That's a great news ! Congatulations, you are getting closer to Baby O.

Brigitte

Suzanne said...

Doesn't if feel great! I loved that moment when I knew it was officially out of my hands. Surprising, given my control-freak tendencies. But there you have it.

Now you get to sit back and let the universe take over-
Suzanne