17 June 2008

Maybe I should start to pray?

Well it seems like the baby referrals are coming in slower the past months in general. I keep saying that I am fine waiting for fall or when the right time comes but you know what? I'm getting nervous & antsy... that baby o won't come? I guess everyone goes through this. All I know is that I am babying my cat Yuko more so I guess I am getting more ready to be a mom.

The good news is, my blog friend Suzanne B, also adopting from Kyrgyzstan, and fellow Bay Area gal, got her referral and she is probably on a flight back after meeting her little "melon". I am so happy for her, and a bit more encouraged that this might actually happen. Her blog is closed to outside readers but her little girl is so cute. (encouraged again)

I have been waiting to get our notarized marriage certificate, and just found out that SF city hall canceled my order for my marriage certificates. Yes that's right, they just decided that I didn't need it and didn't tell me. So here I am waiting, waiting, waiting and it never would have come. I am going right over there tomorrow and getting them in a day....then off to Sacramento for the state certification by train next week. I'll surely post a huge HURRAH, when the dossier is finally off. It should by middle of next week! Fingers crossed I can actually get it in a day + pick up the final paperwork from the first agency. God I hope everything is really in order when I arrive in Sacramento. I'm ready for the actual waiting phase. tap, tap, tap.....which I can't lie, has already begun. Even Eric runs up to my computer to see new baby photos of newly arrived adoptive kids. I think even he is getting more ready to be a dad!

Also (above) my saint that is watching out for baby o, eric & me is now backed by some gorgeous Central Asian Ikat fabric from Uzbekistan. Which I know is not Kyrgyzstan but as I said I am enjoying learning more about that side of the world in general and I LOVE textiles, craft and beautiful things hand made. Just wait for my new jewelry work, influenced by Central Asia; the land of extremes.

Oh I feel a bit better, maybe she will come. Maybe we all pray in different ways.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

April, I think you and I are hitting the same wall of uncertainty. I am finishing up my dossier, too. Now there is nothing more to do except wait. I like the display of your saint. Do you have a room for baby o? It worked for Suzanne!

Suzanne said...

April, I went through the same feelings of fear and doubt that you're going through right now. Remember my "funk" of early May? It's natural, I think. Good news is you're close to getting that dossier off to the Embassy. And better news is you won't have to deal with the Bishkek court uncertainty. You're working with a great agency that is pretty consistent with their referrals. It will all come together for you, like it's starting to for me. Maybe not on the schedule we've each imagined and hoped for. But it will happen. I have complete faith in that.