22 April 2010

Our First Family Trip

We loaded up the car on Sunday April 18th and set out on our first family trip to a place Eric and I have always loved, Wilbur Hot Springs. It is just beautiful there, Japanese style long hot soaking tubs, an old style house with a group kitchen and trails for walks or hikes into Lake County.

Ando did really well. They allow a couple rooms for kids and we keep all his needs met so he was fairly quiet. Eric and I took turns in the tubs and made dinner and just enjoyed our new little family. Even though we still got up every 2-3 hours, I know I did get to relax because I started dreaming again.

It was my birthday, but I already felt like I had my birthday present this year.... Ando!

Ando is almost 9lbs but still too tiny for our beater hand me down BOB stroller we brought along. He was a good sport about rattling around in there and we did get to take a few walks.

And now a few more photos of this very special place....

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Such sweet photos! Glad you got away and relaxed a bit. Very happy birthday to you!

Jackie said...

What sweet photos. I just think Ando is so cute. Love the one of him 'lost' in the stroller...so little and so precious. Brings me back to when Noli was such a little squirt herself.

What a beautiful getaway -- and happy happy birthday!!

Catharine said...

Ando is so CUTE! Happy birthday. We love Wilbur, but never went with Eli, which makes our last trip over 5 years ago. I miss Wilbur; the green water. I think it may be a bit before we go, as Lulu-B will be home from Ethiopia before we turn around.