28 April 2010

2 Months Old!

My little Tiger-Fish is 2 months old today! Wow the old cliche is true. He is growing up so fast! Yesterday we had a pediatrician visit and he is now 10 lbs and 1 oz. His weight is in the 25% but his head is in the 75%. Eric jokes that he has a 'fivehead' instead of a forehead, so I have a joke with Ando and say to him. "That is the chance we took.... you do have your father's fivehead."

We have another nickname from him which we modified from a Jonathan Richmond song: we call him 'Kukanogin' because of his big head. I also call him my little 'Nipple Urchin', 'Milk Breath' and 'Andito'. I'm sure the nicknames will keep coming. The other day I thought I should say his name more or he is going to think his name is Kukanogin.

He is a very alert baby and has been smiling from very young. Now his smiles are more connected to what and who he sees. He is also laughing and cooing. His demeanor is very sweet and playful. He always has his hands going moving and touching things. You can see from the middle photo above he is modeling his 'blast off' pose. (ha! ha!) He seems like he is a very good natured baby. The only thing that really gets him mad is not getting his food fast enough. And then he can really scream!

We are really enjoying our time with him, sleep deprived and all. He is getting into a schedule of sleeping; mid-night, 3am, 5:00am, 6:30-7am and somewhere around 8am we drag ourselves out of bed. I tell ya sometimes it is not easy getting up. I actually think I'm going to die. And then I see this cute little face that is all smiley and hungry. So I do it. Eric is very helpful and loves his bonding time with him and changes his diaper and hands him to me.

This week also I am going back to work part time. Just two half days and Saturdays at the gallery. I want to start back slowly, my gallery manager is pregnant with twins so this is pulling me back sooner than I would otherwise go back. But I'll ease in and still have lots of time with him.

Ando Mika is 2 months old today! I have to say I think he is going to be a little flirt. He already knows he is very charismatic. I think today is a big milestone. We go from counting his birth weeks to months! Happy 2 Month Birthday little guy!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

ADORABLE, April!!! He is doing so well and I love his smiles. I showed Noli Ando's picture and she 'so cute' ;)