07 February 2010

38 week...update

So 'we' had some interesting shifts this week. I went to my naturopath this week and had an acupuncture treatment to start the process of my body getting ready for birthing. I came home and was getting ready for my opening at my gallery the next day and could hardly stand and felt very strange. When I woke up the next day I felt extremely cramping and achy. I called my naturopath and she told me I was experiencing pre-labor. I called in my gallery manager, Ahna to work for me and I slept for most of the day, feeling unready for this event but tried to surrender and stay calm. Eric was running around getting ready for the opening, taking care of me and then installing things in between. I think he was trying to channel that energy of the birth maybe coming soon! At 4 pm I went down to the opening and greeted the artist + a room full of clients. It was surreal talking to them about the show and having parallel thoughts of that I could be giving birth soon. Leave it to me to have my last opening and go into birth that night.
Well that didn't happen. Things have subsided a bit but it was a good dress rehearsal. I can feel my body making some significant changes and so he maybe coming sooner or maybe it's nature's way to shift in my body and my mind to sloooooow down. All I know is I am getting more things off my plate this week & packing my bags for the hospital.
Hopefully he'll give me a week and I can be more ready and more relaxed but I guess I don't get to decide. He does....tomorrow starts my 38th week. He is officially full term!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow. You look beautiful, April. Hope you get things checked off your list so you can enjoy these last days as you anticipate the arrival of your son.

Congrats on your gallery opening.

Jackie

Jeanne said...

Sounds like you're getting close! Lovely to see the pictures of you and your beautiful home. As an experienced parent, my first reaction was: "they have a lot of babyproofing to do." :) Not right away, though!