08 August 2008

Low Down on the Slow Down...

There has been a slow down with the adoptions from Kyrgyzstan. The Kyrg. government is putting in place new members on their adoption committee and that is changing the regulations or making them more strict. I don't want to post too many details because there is so much information out there & I'm not sure what is true and what is not. But what I do know is it taking sometime for things to fall into place and get the adoptions going on a regular track again. Our agency won't get any referrals until October and haven't had any this summer.

I also know is that 'baby o' will be coming much later than we expected. Now we think we may not travel on our first trip until early 2009. Which is when we had hoped to have her home. So I am a bit sad that we will wait longer.

Sometimes I forget we are even on this journey...although I think of her everyday, even though I have not meet her........ The sky always gives me comfort even on a gray day.

One place the sky is always so beautiful and filled with light is Santa Fe, New Mexico. We just returned from a long weekend to celebrate Eric's birthday and visit dear friends. They have a beautiful, restful home. So talk about slow down....well we did & it was just what we needed!

I always love the way the sky meets the land in Santa Fe. Just the sight of this beauty reminds me that life and relationship are a spiritual journey and this I must keep in mind while waiting for our baby o.
baby o will come when she is ready...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, you look so relaxed there in that hammock. I'm glad you guys had a great visit. Now that you're back, let's try to get together one of these weekend.

The slowdown is a bummer for all of us. But several people received word today that the committee is in place and is signing/about to sign dossiers of families that have been waiting for trip two for so so so long. Good news for us all!

-Suzanne

Jackie said...

I'm so sad for everyone waiting. But as you say, baby O will come when she is ready...at the right time. It truly is amazing how the timing works out with this IA thing!!!

I'm sending you strength and patience as you wait for her. And in the meantime it sure looks like you're enjoying some R & R. Yayy for you :)

Jackie

littlebluecottage said...

What beautiful pictures.

I love what you said about the sky.

I hope the wait is full of days with beautiful skies and days in the hammok.

The one thing about the wait is that you can shop more....or, if you're more responsible than me, you can save more..

Hugs,

Tina