10 March 2009

"The Happy Couple"

So here we are, the happy couple! As we are exploring other options in adoption,we found out we need a good photo of us. As I sorted through our past photos, as artists it seems like we are not big smilers in photos. I guess you are more mysterious looking, more artsy or something? So this didn't really show our bright, happy side. So we had to do a little photo shoot over the weekend. It was pretty funny to get one we both liked......and while this is the winner. I wish I'd have pulled up my other sock? Do you think that will be a big factor when a birth mother is looking for adoptive parents? Ah well, nobody is perfect.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

April, that's a lovely picture! I didn't even notice the sock. :)

rae dunn. said...

super cute! did you guys photoshop in the smiles?

Elaine Vaughan said...

Hi April,

I think that photo's going to do it! Who wouldn't want you two as parents??? and, sometimes it seems that just when you give up on something, things start to open up either there or elsewhere - it's lovely to see your personal growth through this process -

Anu mentions Baby O at least once a week - we are holding her/him in our thoughts -

Elaine and Anu

Suzanne said...

Oh dear Lord, I can't believe you only have one sock pulled up!

;-)

Looking at this photo, I'd pick you to adopt me!

-Suzanne

Monica said...

What a beautiful couple. I'd pick you! I wouldn't have even noticed the sock issue... but you can always crop that photo a bit if it bothers you. Best wishes!!!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful photo, and a beautiful couple. Don't worry about the sock...your eyes are warm and friendly, and show happiness with each other.

I wish you the best.

Jackie