29 November 2008

Thankful Thanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving always makes me reflective on what I am thankful for. I am thankful for my family & Eric's & my friends & all my extended family. ( Including friends) We spent Thanksgiving up at Eric's dads in gold country out in rural Placerville and enjoyed just slowing down, seeing family & of course eating.

We found this beautiful leave on our country walk. I love the way that the bugs have eaten through this leaf. Ahhhh nature!

I love this holiday because it involves family, friends and/or any combination of the above, it is a holiday that to me is very inclusive.

I wish baby o were here to meet everyone. I'm planning on checking in with my agency this next week to see what is really happening with this slow down once again. What a ride this international adoption is!

And so starts the holiday season. Warm wishes to ya all, and thanks for checking in! We thought we'd have at least met baby o by now but then again....life isn't always the way you would have planned it. Is it?

I guess I just need stay focused on what I am thankful for and keep on waiting......

1 comment:

Elaine Vaughan said...

Hi April, Eric and Baby O,

Baby O is just getting ready to find you. The waiting will all make sense when she arrives...

Elaine
(The Psychic)